• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bathing with Johnson's shampoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I use this one now and again, also use Seleen for dermatitis until I ran out :(

Anyhow, I bathed Ton with Johnsons the other day and his hair has become so incredibly dandruffy (?) it's unbelievable!

Anyone experienced any side effects with it, as I don't usually?

Just put in an order for the lovely Manuka and Neem oil soak to get his coak in perfect condition again!

Out of curiosity, was it the anti-parastic one or any other one containing pyrethins? I saw lots of posts on GL about pyrethins being dangerous so a few of us looked into it some more. Effects included skin irritation and seizures in rats when ingested. The thread is here - http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32261&highlight=pyrethins

I haven't touched it ever due to these reports but always have good results with Gorgeous Guineas stuff - it's great.

Oh right! Thanks, it's the insecticidial one.

Never had any real problems with it any other time - but like I said only use it now and again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back