• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

bathing too much?

• Thread starter Thread starter squeakywheeky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

squeakywheeky

I have just bathed my two guineas together using GG shampoo. My little one is recovering from mites with his hair growing nearly all the way back now.

I enjoy bathing the boys with my little 2 year old. My daughter and I get so much out of bathing them that I have just done them tonight knowing full well that I only bathed them just under 3 weeks ago.

I have a feeling that I shouldn't be bathing them that often as I have read that you should do them every 4-6 weeks but is there any reason why it shouldn't be more regular than that?

Your comments and advice would be greatly recieved.

Sehnsucht said:
being as i have so many i try to do about 3 a week
I could come over and keep you a hand ;) I always end up soaked when I do mine ;D I did Hamish yesterday then Rimmer and Bumble today. I was quite soggy afterwards both are wrigglers. I then clipped Hamish nails she at the vets tomorrow.

Hey hun i would really appreciate it as Sars starts her new job next week and ive got quite a few puggies to bath

Your are probably washing the natural oils that keep the skin and coat healthy out. :)

also remember that more often than not, bathing means stress for the piggy, which isnt healthy for them, they can get sick so easily due to stress.. so even though YOU get alot out of bathing them, think of the piggy first, and maybe try cutting it down a bit?

I try not to do mine too often - particularly because they find it very stressful. But also in case too many of the natural oils are stripped - I think the key is getting the balance right. :)

I bathe mine alot... they all hate it but i really enjoy it ;D
But I havent done wilson in a while and have noticed her is extra silky :smitten:

pelicano said:
I try not to do mine too often - particularly because they find it very stressful. But also in case too many of the natural oils are stripped - I think the key is getting the balance right. :)

Agree, I don't do mine more then four times a year. ;)

wow 4 times a year! I usually do mine once a month... but I guess with having a few new additions I will find it more difficult to do it once a month ;D

Thanks for all your replies. I relise that I would be stripping the natural oils out of their skin now so I will cut back. I know I said I enjoyed bathing them and it goes without saying if they were distressed then I wouldn't do it to them so often. I don't feel they are distressed by bath time although i'm sure if you compared it to eating a carrot I suppose their heart would be pouding that bit more. Again thanks.. I knew I was doing it too often I just needed someone to tell my why to slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back