Bathing Tomorrow, Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzypig55

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted a few opinions. I have two long haired boys who are in need of a bit of a bath, not had one for a few months a noticed when brushing getting a little oily and grease gland looks in need of the swarfega and toothbrush treatment...

I hate bathing them as they looked very sorry for themselves last time, (although smelled soo much better... so plan is to bring them into kitchen mid morning, do the deed, then towels and cuddle/ tv time (whilst they make sad noises -possibly milking it for more cuddles lol ) before transfer back to insulated and cosy shed mid to late afternoon.

Their hair is so very thick though, do you think that a few hours is going to be enough drying time, last thing i want is to cause illness. However, I really do not want to leave them oily all winter so think it is best to do it now before the weather properly turns cold.

What would you do?
Thank you

I have 2 long haired boys, I know your problems! Though my piggies are indoors...

I always towel dry them and cuddle them but if I can gently hair dry them! If you have a ball pit or something you can sit in with them to do its a bit easier :-) good luck and don't forget photos!

i do have a paddling pool i could line with fleece, thats a great idea. . . perhaps a gentle hair dry with daughters small hair dryer too. Little white one is fearless but it clearly upset the other one as he kept making noises that sounded like he was crying ;(
Thank you Galaxy&Nibbles!

Hi what shampoo are you using ? . I beleve vetsect is one of the safest

You're more than welcome, I try to help when I can :-)

And @gizzy i have been told that's the best shampoo too. Though I only use johns ones small animal shampoo I think it is?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back