Bathing Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

becbecs29

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I decided to give my guinea pig a bath today as he came in from his run with wee all over his legs and belly. I washed him which he was fine with and I started to dry him with a towel. To start off with he was making squeaking sounds and then he started almost vibrating like a phone would if someone was ringing you, on and off. I was just wondering if this meant he was enjoying it or he wasn't? I'll still bath him either way cos obviously you have to but was just wondering what it could mean.

Guinea pigs can purr - but they also vibrate when not happy - I think he was telling you he didn't like the experience .

The vibrating is just part of the purring they do. Some say its a happy sound and some say its an annoyed sound.
Here is a good video that helps out on sounds.

To start off with he was purring and vibrating when I was cuddling him. Then I started drying him and he just vibrated. He also vibrates and purrs when I stroke him so still not sure if he's happy or not. He seems happy, doesn't run away or bite or anything.

the just vibrating, in my experience, is when archie is super happy, he can target it on areas too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back