Bathed The Boys For The First Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyface:)

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This was the first bath I have ever done on them since I adopted the boys in August - so won't be doing another for at least 6 months! Hopefully this might help others bathtime newbies! :)

Here is what I learned for next time:
  • Would have been handy for me to have had two basins as then I could have done the soapy wash and then put them straight into another basin to rinse.
  • They will shake their coats like a dog when wet - totally caught me out!
  • Freckles purred and loved it!
  • Spud tried to escape lots and whinged.
  • Should have had veggies ready to feed them to distract them more - found this out after they were going a bit nuts at the start!
  • Needed a lot more towels than I thought - two each really - one to dry and another to dry more.
  • Took a lot more time than I thought - definately don't have anything planned till its over!
  • Freckles loved the hair dryer and so did Spud - result!
  • How cute they looked once they were dry and all puffed up like fuzzballs - that will make it all worth it.
:luv::lol!:

Please lets have some photos of your lovely clean piggies!
What shampoo did you use?

I bought the one from Pets@home - Johnsons Small animal shampoo - didn't do much to clean their grease glands but going to get other stuff for that! Will be trying out the Gorgeous Guinea range once I get a chance too.

Must get new pics of them in their fluffy coats on soon :)

You can use just ordinary washing up liquid to clean the grease gland. No need to buy anything special. Use it with an old tooth brush.
Cleaned my female Shelties' gland the other day. Yuk!

You can use just ordinary washing up liquid to clean the grease gland. No need to buy anything special. Use it with an old tooth brush.
Cleaned my female Shelties' gland the other day. Yuk!

the toothbrush tip sounds good - that's the problem I had! But I will be gentle on them too - thanks for that!

I bathed Eric and cleaned his grease gland today for the 1st time too! will leave Blink and Rhino as they are only 5 months old and dont need it but Eric was looking a bit grubby!
He wasnt keen on it but I did it! I'm feeling rather proud of myself too. I used gorgeous guineas shampoo for boars so he is smelling extra good

the toothbrush tip sounds good - that's the problem I had! But I will be gentle on them too - thanks for that!
Hi- really helpful advice thanks, I need to bathe mine. where is the grease gland? Do girls have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back