• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bathed boys but no shampoo - chemicals?

• Thread starter Thread starter squeakywheeky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

squeakywheeky

I have just bathed my 2 boys in a washing up bowl on the kitchen floor. I did it one by one, Trek (4 months) first. He loved it, absolutely at ease with the whole new experience, Puddles (8 weeks) is still quite nervy when being handled but is geting better, he tried to get out of the bowl but I think I may have had the water too cold for him. i was still impressed by him though.. he didn't panic like I thought he would.

When bathing them I didn't use any shampoo. I went to petstore yesterday for some but I was a little put off by all the chemicals that was in the few I had to choose from. I don't want to buy online from petstores either as I can't be sure what is in them. They have just had a dip in an inch deep of water today. I as in two minds to use some of my daughters baby shampoo but chose not to.

Any advice re shampoo? What do you use?

Thank you so much. I have just ordered the Lavender and Lemon Tea Tree shampoo from gorgeous guineas.

Can I also say thanks for the link because I have just read on the site that I should not be bathing my 8 week old till he's at least 12 weeks.

Thanks again I :smitten: theguineapigforum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back