Bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuineaPigFan15

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I am supposed to do this, which is why I'm asking around this helpful forum :). When can I give my piggies a bath? They are almost 3 months. How old are they supposed to be before you give them a bath? Thank you for your advice!

Are you sure they need a bath? Guinea pigs are very good at cleaning themselves.

I mean a bum bath because their private parts are sometimes soiled with pee. I posted a thread about it already!

how are we meant to automatically know you've posted a thread about it already! :))

you apparently shouldn't bath piggies under 3-4 months old unless they have a skin problem.

for just their privates, you could just try a flannel or cotton pad soaked in warm water. make sure to dry well and keep them warm until they are.

i'm not sure why they would have pee all over them though. are they sitting in the same area of the cage alot? could you spot clean those places more often? you might already, but just an idea. :)

Thanks! Yes, they are sitting in the same hidey houses a lot, even though they have so many!

Thanks! Yes, they are sitting in the same hidey houses a lot, even though they have so many!

maybe try putting little pieces of fleece underneath and changing them as many times as needed. i think some of the little cosy beds you can buy come with extra fleece 'pads' so you can change them alot without having to put in a whole new bed everytime :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back