Bath time - what to use?

jadielin

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

One of my girls is getting a little greasy (lol). I have maybe given them a bath once a year as they absolutely hate it and I know it’s not always the best for them. But the other day I was petting her and she feels quite greasy.

Does anyone have Guinea pig safe shampoo recommendations? Ive read too many horror stories of what it can do to their skin, so I’m just wondering if anyone knows of a safe brand. :)

Thank you in advance!

I’ve never personally used them but I know quite a few members use the gorgeous guineas shampoo. You can also use baby shampoo but I would recommend using gorgeous guineas over baby shampoo, as the gorgeous guineas one is made specifically for piggies.
Shampoos

As for grease glands, coconut oil never goes amiss. Great at removing grease and it’s all natural :)

My beastie boys get semi regular bum baths for various reasons and it's coconut oil followed by gorgeous guineas for them.

Another vote for gorgeous guineas. I don't bath my current pigs as they don't need it but in the past have had Sheltie and Coronet piggies who really benefited from a gentle bath every few months to help keep their long hair tangle free. I used to use the Gorgeous Guineas 'Posh'n'Go' conditioning shampoo for them which was lovely.

Back