Barney The Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Well, the storm has well and truly hit, it's flipping awful outside. I'm in the Midlands of the country and I've had to go back out and retie everything down. The piggies are warm and snuggly enough and their insulator is on plus the waterproof cover as well, but the front keeps blowing so I've now got garden furniture propped up against it.

Take care everyone.
x

Oh oh, the electric is flickering...means I will be losing the electric shortly....hot water bottle on, candles on, torches checked and in area's. kettle boiled, a microwave tea eaten.
I'm in the sticks so it tends to get quite fierce.

If I go off line you know why.

Yeah I'm in Midlands too and the roof sounds like it might blow away to be honest! There's such a howling gale coming down the chimney! The lights were flickering here too :/

It hasn't really happened down here, yet! Brought all the piggies indoors and cut the dogs walk short because it's a long drive back from their walking place and wishing I hadn't bothered at the moment!

Yeah, off and on here. They reckon 8pm is the worst part, just got to get to Lichfield just around 9pm to collect hubby from the train station. But I'm all prepared for the worse.
Stay safe everyone.

It hasn't really happened down here, yet! Brought all the piggies indoors and cut the dogs walk short because it's a long drive back from their walking place and wishing I hadn't bothered at the moment!
Well hang onto your hats because it is going to hit the south but I think lesser so.

Every time we get an extra hard gust the boys dash for their hidey holes. Must admit it does sound scary with the chimney amplifying the sound. The dustbin has gone over twice so is now jammed up against the hedge on it's side to stop lid coming open. Lights flickering here too and someone tried to phone earlier but line wouldn't connect, guess must be problem their end as my internet ok.

Hope everyone and their piggies are safe and warm.

Yeah its incredibly windy here too! I got my dad to put new sealant around the panels and windows of the piggy shed yesterday and glad he did! Just in time by the looks of it.

Its really scarey here, i am in nottinghamshire. Both dustbins have blown over twice and the wind is howling! Hope my roof will be ok. Thankfully the girls are oblivious to it all as they are snug in the house.

Barney has just took the UPVC off front of house. He is a git. That is gonna involve me, a ladder and powertools. This is going to be worrying.

Oh dear. Not good. Hope its not too much trouble to fix. I dont think you will be the only one tonight though.

Barney has just took the UPVC off front of house. He is a git. That is gonna involve me, a ladder and powertools. This is going to be worrying.
Bad Barney - very bad indeed. Well I had to dash out and pick up hubby from Lichfield, train chaos...train didn't stop so he ended up in stafford and got a taxi home but I passed a few trees down on the way back.
Seems to have quieten down for now - thank goodness.

Hope everyone has come through the storm without too much damage, @sport_billy sorry to hear you are going to have to repair your house. We are on top of a hill so the wind in the chimney often sounds worse than it is, still noisy tonight!

We didn't get a power cut, luckily, but the lights flicked a little and we had our torches ready. When we went out the house this morning there were a few knocked down trees and fences. Barney was very violent!

We seem to have got away with this totally, it was windy but not that bad - I really must stop listening to weather forecasts!

We were ok, some of the hedgehog we have in the gutters got blown out but nothing more . Next door have lights in the grass that all got blown out of the ground. Roll on the next one! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back