• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Barbara what bach rescue remedys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
as you know i have 3 poorly animals have you an idea which ones would help for clara she needs building up Jinx is as you know having problems with his leg and max is maybe stressed ( as if) I have used the bach rescue remedy from the health food shop on max already but was wondering which others would be ok, will be going into town next day or so and intend getting them anything to aid my poor patients, I'm also popping some drops as well, as tomorrow we get our bungalow valued my son is 13 and we have my grandaughter to stay tonight while her mum goes into have her new baby daughter tomorrow, and they think max might be stressed lol, incidently the santa hat came from a singing christmas tree,

The best thing to do Michelle is look at them as if they were little people....and try and work out what they are feeling at this moment. The physical complaint is not as important when we use the Bach Remedies.

If Clara seeems mentally and emotionally exhausted and is physically below par, then the remedy Olive might help her. It can help with us to feel physically stronger and maintain our interest in life. I've used it for guineas who although receiving treatment, seem for no apparent reason to have given up. Gorse was also given, for when there is a sense of "hopelessness."
Olive is a good one to add to your collection as there will no doubt be times when you might need it too! It's good to use when getting over viral infections or you just "shattered." Puting 10 drops into your bath is a nice pick- me- up.

If Jinx is happy enough on "cage rest"...then it may be he doesn't actually need any remedies.
Though if he is having difficulty getting used to his new environment, Walnut could help, this would of course also apply to Clara :)

Rescue Remedy could help Max, if you think he is just generally "stressed"...though identifying why, would help you to choose the right remedy for him.

So maybe consider Olive Gorse and Walnut. Oh and Crab Apple is good to give when there is infection present.
I think you already have Rescue Remedy?

Obviously there are no guarantees, but they can't do any harm.

Hope this helps :)

Barbara

the vet seemed to think max's problems started when he lost charlie his brother and its just gone on and on now making him sensative to food etc,
will be buying crab apple olive ( gorse for me lol I feel hopeless most of the time) and walnut, anything else max's problems seems to be mental if you know what I mean, I know he misses his brother still we all do, max has been big time spoilt for chrsitmas,

michellemuffin said:
the vet seemed to think max's problems started when he lost charlie his brother and its just gone on and on now making him sensative to food etc,
will be buying crab apple olive ( gorse for me lol I feel hopeless most of the time) and walnut, anything else max's problems seems to be mental if you know what I mean, I know he misses his brother still we all do, max has been big time spoilt for chrsitmas,

Then for Max, I would use Star of Bethlehem, it's a wonderful remedy to help with grief. Whether the brereavemnet happened yesterday or years ago. Dr Bach called it "The comforter and soother of pains and sorrows...."
It's a beautiful remedy and a favourite with many...for obvious reasons.

Star of Bethlehem is in Rescue Remedy. If Max were mine, I'd also give Walnut, to help him break his dependance/tie with his brother and maybe Honeysuckle to help him if you think he might be living in the past? Yearning for the way things were?
Just something to think about :)
Poor little guy, I think as they grow older they become more dependant on us, don't they?

Barbara

managed to find 2 of the bottles Olive and crab apple I looked everywhere but they had sold out of the others should have some more in after christmas but will try the smaller chemists in sandown as well might strike it lucky,
right can you tell me exactly what to do with them as I want to get it right, thankyou

michellemuffin said:
managed to find 2 of the bottles Olive and crab apple I looked everywhere but they had sold out of the others should have some more in after christmas but will try the smaller chemists in sandown as well might strike it lucky,
right can you tell me exactly what to do with them as I want to get it right, thankyou

Put 2 drops of each remedy in the guineas water bottle, renew each day. Ideally use Spring water.
For Max, put 2 drops of each remedy in his water bowl, again, spring water if possible, renew daily. Normal water is okay though.
If using Rescue Remedy, use 4 drops, as above.
This is generally satisfactory if they are drinking normally.

You can make a treatment bottle up too, but you will need a plastic dropper and a 30ml bottle, you can then give this direct into mouth x 4 daily. Let me know if you need directions for this. Personally I find you only need this in acute cases/where they are reluctant to accept fluids.
Once diluted, they can be dripped onto dry food, if eaten, or onto greens, again x 4 daily.

Barbara

wonderful news max has stopped itching, his prednesalone are working we shall see when we drop form 2 a day to one and am now giving him rescue remedys as prescribed by Dr Barbara Bach lol thanks for advice not too sure about Clara she does'nt seem too well, any ideas of filling her out she is eating but not gaining any weight, rescue remedys are being started,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back