• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bald patches behind ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I noticed that Timmy, my coronet, has 2 bald patches, one behind each ear. They are in the same place on both sides and about the size of a 5p piece. The skin is pink and looks healthy and I havent observed him scratching any more than usual (all mine have an occasional scratch). I couldnt see any scurf or anything. To be on the safe side I applied a coco and neem melt all over him and shampooed him in the same and gave him a really good trim.
Any thoughts? I gently tugged some hair from near the bald patches but none came away, so a bit confused.
Sould I apply another melt and when? or do you think the vets is the best way to go.
Thanks
Fiona

nothing to worry about, all piggys have them its perfectly normal

Amy.x.

If you're talking about what I'm thinking of I agree with Amy, perfectly normal :) My piggies have them too.

If you're meaning something else can you explain a bit better? :D

Have a look here - http://www.guinealynx.com/hairloss.html - scroll down to the bit about bald patches behind ears, is that what you mean? :smitten:

Oh thanks, I wasnt sure, although I have just looked at Lennie and he hasnt :-\ I sort of thought it might be the way his hair grew :)
Thanks for the reassurance ;)

Yep,the bald patches behind the ears are quite normal and are there to assist hearing.

Hiya,

Yeah it's fine :) Sunshine has them more so then my other pigs but it's perfectly fine. :)

Louise
x

Hi i think you'll find some have less hair than others in that spot :smitten: :smitten:
Duke's spots are bald ::) :smitten: where as Sully's we thinner but still had hair :smitten:

Thanks everyone, I feel a bit silly but glad to know its normal. Strange that my other piggies arent bald there but as you said Glynis, there is less hair in that area. Timmy had so much hair that I didnt notice before he had his fur was wet from his bath and haircut :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back