• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bald patch!

• Thread starter Thread starter *Gem*
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

*Gem*

Since we got Cleo she's always had a little bald patch on the top of her head. I wasn't worried about it as she has rosettes all over her so I assumed it was just a patch due to that. But I have just read on the RSPCA website that if they develop a bald patch on their face it could indicate ringworm. It hasn't got bigger and we've had her 3 weeks so I was just wondering whether I should get it checked out or if its just due to the type of breed she is.

Go to the vets to get her checked out thouroughly, better safe than sorry :)

Yeah I think we probably will, I mean the skin itself isnt discoloured or dry or anything, it looks like the rest of her skin, but I dont think I'd wanna risk it.

I dont know to be honest!

Like I said I thought it might just have been the type of pig she was, I'll try and get a pic tonight if I can. I hadn't worried about it until I read that on the RSPCA then the paranoia set in!

I was just wanting to get peoples opinions as I dont really know much about the different types of breed, I know Steven posted a couple of pics last night and asked if anyone knew what she was but I dont think he got an answer

I wouldnt worry :)

I cant find steves profile to find the pic :-\

Can you post a pic now and i'll tell you if its a crest? ;) O0

This is the best pic I have at the moment ( I'm at work so its just one I've got off our photobucket account )

It's probably too hard to tell, so I'll try to get a better one tonight.

DSC00536.jpg

TBH I think its just crest, so no need to worry :)

If you want to post a clearer pic later when you get home, then please do, but I think its just a crest...

Which means cleo is an abysinnian x english crested (maybe x himilayan?) :) So she has lots of different breeds! And shes gorgeous! :smitten:

PerfectPiggies said:
TBH I think its just crest, so no need to worry :)

If you want to post a clearer pic later when you get home, then please do, but I think its just a crest...

Which means cleo is an abysinnian x english crested (maybe x himilayan?) :) So she has lots of different breeds! And shes gorgeous! :smitten:

Phew thanks, thats a relief.. and its saved me the cost and embarrassment of going to the vets to be told the same thing!

Yeah she is a pretty thing, I read through the different types of breeds and I was thinking well she sounds a bit like that but also like that lol

Her fur has grown so much since we've had her though, next on the shopping list is some sort of comb!

I'll post another pic later just to be sure, thanks again for your help :)

This is the best pic I could get of her bald patch

DSC00407.jpg

This is one of her when we first got her, her furs grown quite a bit since then

DSC00399.jpg

I think it is just a crest :)

awww i said on your photo thread she's pretty little girlie, :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
no it just looks normal, but if you notice any changes see the vets love O0
you're a good piggie mummy to ask the questions, well done :smitten:

Glynis said:
awww i said on your photo thread she's pretty little girlie, :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
no it just looks normal, but if you notice any changes see the vets love O0
you're a good piggie mummy to ask the questions, well done :smitten:

Thanks, we will :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back