• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

bald guinea

• Thread starter Thread starter daisy-mae
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daisy-mae

My aunts neighbour has two guineapigs, and the other day she told me it had gone bald.
I assumed it was due to old age and had fell out but she said he is only 2 years old and he pulled it out himself.

She has tried spot on but it dont make no difference.
Is she caring for him properly?
She refuses to pay for him to go to a vet and wants both of them sold.
Its cruel i would love to have them but i have 17 of my own and have no room left.

does anyone know why he has done this?
the other piggie is fine.

PLEASE HELP ASAP

She wont listen to me and take him to the vet.
she is not looking after him properly, they are stuffed under the stairs in a indoor cage and even though they feed them, they dont clean them out enough or look after them properly.

I wonder if its fungal? It could be if spot on isnt working. Or stress! They need looking at either way - pronto! Wonder if the RSPCA could step in if you called them anonymously - mind you from other stories Ive heard about the RSPCA on this forum (about poor little Flower), they sound pretty useless!

Very true, sorry I'm in a dream world after seeing some baby bunny pics ::)

Sorry but I dont know what to say...

Either get her to take the pig to the vets, or call the rspca....simple....theres no point in us speculating about whats wrong if nothings going to be done...sorry if that sounds harsh but you really should do something, posting on here doesnt really help the piggy :)

If she only used one dose of spot on and it is mites then it wouldn't make a difference. Severe mites can take at least 4-5 treatments a week apart to cure. The hair would take even longer to grow back.
Can't really say what it is without more info or a picture but I would definately say shes not caring for the pig properly. The pig needs to see a vet, if she wont take it, call the rspca or you could offer to take it yourself. I wouldn't be able to nurse a pig back to health just to hand it back over to the person who originally let its health deteriorate to that state though, so maybe rspca is your best bet.

I agree with everyone, if you can't take them in call the RSPCA.

Sorry, should really read your post properly before replying. Where abouts in the country are you? maybe someone can help and go get the piggies since you said they want rid of them

I agree, you should call the rspca.
you cant let these people get away with this.

They wouldnt like to be locked away under the stairs.

call them NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back