• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Back wound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, we have 3 pigs that have been scratching a lot. Gertrude has a wound that has opened up on her back about a 20p size. When it starts to heal she scratches it off again with the help of the other two Gladdis and Primrose. Close inspection, i cannot see anything there and the other 2 are fine. We are bathing them with the insecticide shampoo and putting on wound powder. Not getting anywhere really fast. All help would be very much appreciated.

It could be a mite or fungal problem, I wouldnt use the powders or shampoos they could be irritating it more. If you look on the gorgeous guineas web site you may get a idea of what it is there. You can email chrisse with the symptoms and she will tell you the best treatment she really helpful http://www.gorgeousguineas.com/index.html I can recomend her stuff O0

With skin irratations mine told me to rub a little pure aloe vera onto the skin and it actually has worked (this is not on any open wound though). You can purchase a tube at your local Holland & Barratt, Julian Graves store or any health food shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back