Back from piggy boarding and change in behaviour

LondonLady

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
I collected Biscuit and Toffee from the boarder yesterday. I was very happy with the way they were looked after. She sent me little videos of them while I was away and it looked as if they were having a lovely time.

However since getting home they are acting 'scared'. I got Toffee out of the carrier and put him on the floor - and he immediately ran and hid in a corner under a bookcase - which is not like him at all. It took me ages to lure him out. and since then both of them seem to be afraid of me, dashing into one of their hideys as soon as I go near. I thought they were just a bit unsettled after all the changes so last night I left them pretty much alone to let them get used to being home again, but today they are still very quiet. Usually when i go in with their evening veggies they are up at the bars and can't wait to get at them, but today they seemed reluctant (though they did come out after a while and finished everything off.

I don't know if this is normal after being moved around or if it's something I need to worry about.

Oh and just to add, I weighed them when I got them home and their weight is as it was before, and they seem to be weeing and pooping normally.

Well, I'm pleased to say I think I was panicking too soon. I was really concerned yesterday when I took them their evening veggies and neither of them came out to meet me. They still seemed a bit quiet today, but then tonight... both piggies ran up to the side of the cage as I went in and Toffee was back to biting the bars like he usually does. (I usually try to discourage him from doing that but I was delighted to see him back to his normal behaviour :D)

Back