• Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goldilocks

Hi has anyone heard of this or used it? Please let me know your thoughts

Thank you

Karen

I used it in part of the hutch once when mine were younger but didn't get on with it too well. I found it really hard and the pieces seemed huge compared to my piggies little feet. They also seemed to use that area less so I gave up :(

It is not bad. It is absorbent and dust free. It is easily compostable. However, it is hard on feet. Also it can work out quite expensive.

Cardboard litter has all the benefit but very much cheaper. Try Finacard which is cardboard litter but very much softer than other cardboard litter.

Suggest have a newspapers on the floor and then a layer of Finacard (about 2 inches deep) and then a layer of hay.

its in a green bag, used a free sample i got and pigs seem to like it, have ordered 15 L bag online from the hay experts so will post more when changed cage.

cheers

oh, Ive seen one in a clear bag made by Naturals in pah, is quite expensive..

Do let us know how you get on with it, I am always interested in other types of bedding though am happy with my aubiose :)

I went to bradford exel show at the weekend and was looking at the back 2 nature bedding and came away with a couple of free samples to try .

sunday night i cleaned out one cage and filled it with this stuff , today i have had to clean it out again cos the corners where they have pee'd were sodden , it's awfull stuff and i wont be trying it again .

David x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back