• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Baby piggy drinking water constantly

Oinkpiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone my baby piggy (not sure exactly how old he is), is drinking a lot of water compared to my other pig. Pretty much everytime i come downstairs to see them he is drinking water. Is this maybe a sign of diabetes? I have a vet appointment on Monday but just wanted to hear any insight.

My baby piggy Bear drinks more than my 6 year old Finn. I was thinking it was because it was summer, but I did put him on Bene Bac Plus to help him with gut health, and his 💩 is hard.

The amount piggies drink varies widely, some not drinking much, some drinking a lot.
How long have you had the baby?
Is this a change from his normal? (if you’ve not had him long, you may not know).
Its a good idea to see a vet for a health check though

As you haven’t put your country, we can’t help as to whether it is seasonal/climate reason.

All About Drinking And Bottles

The amount piggies drink varies widely, some not drinking much, some drinking a lot.
How long have you had the baby?
Is this a change from his normal? (if you’ve not had him long, you may not know).
Its a good idea to see a vet for a health check though

As you haven’t put your country, we can’t help as to whether it is seasonal/climate reason.

All About Drinking And Bottles
I have had him for a month, got him from a pet store so he might’ve been 4 weeks when i got him? I’m from the US. California specifically. He’s been very shy up until recently so i never really did get to see him drink water because he ran whenever i walked in the room. Both piggies came from different pet stores so they weren’t bonded if that makes any difference lol

If he has always drunk this amount in the month you’ve had him then that may just be his normal - I appreciate you may not be able tell that though - some drink hardly any, some can empty a bottle. They also get water from their veg so that can affect how much they drink.
Its always best to get new piggies a vet check in any event
No, not being bonded when you got them won’t make any difference to his individual drinking needs

Back