• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Baby Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Baby bobby is 3 weeks (rosies baby) he is much smaller than the others, he is healthy and stuff but small, should i leave him with mammy another week.....
Is there anything i should do as he is smaller, should i be supplimenting him. What food makes piggys grow quick lol.
Worried From Westmeath (Eire)

Your ment to leave babies 6weeks with there parents before even thinking about seperating them...

not the boys Daz, they can mate from a very young age. :)

i would probably leave him in for a few more days aslong as hes not trying to do anything naughty, but you should be able to take him out now with no problems

If he isn't mounting or showing signs then maybe a few days would be ok. I wouldn't like to risk it though! He should be ok, is he feeding alright?

daz94 said:
Your ment to leave babies 6weeks with there parents before even thinking about seperating them...
I dont want more babies 8 is enough! the girls of course are staying with mum.
Bobby is feeding ok and popcorning etc he just so liccle.
Mrs mops boys are 2 weeeks old are they are rumble strutting and mounting each other..... should i be worried about them? (they are HUGE in comaprison to Bobby)

daz94 said:

I'm really sorry Daz but whoever told you SIX weeks? You'd almost certainly have a pregnant mummy pig and possibly sister pigs too! Most boars become potent at four to five weeks although some mature early and three weeks is OK. He would be on hard food and just maybe suckling a little - this is more for comfort than anything else!

Clare said:
Baby bobby is 3 weeks (rosies baby) he is much smaller than the others, he is healthy and stuff but small, should i leave him with mammy another week.....
Is there anything i should do as he is smaller, should i be supplimenting him. What food makes piggys grow quick lol.
Worried From Westmeath (Eire)

SPH Supplies on the internet do some really good booster feeds (don't know if you can get them in Ireland but worth a look). Burgess Supa Guinea Excel pellets is also another good one - I used to feed my runts on this and they all fared well. Good luck Clare O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back