Baby behaviour

• Thread starter Thread starter piglover
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piglover

I have two new babies as some of you already know and am a little puzzled with their behaviour, i do already have a pair of boars and three single boars as well, but the I'm not sure whether the babies are getting along or not. Shaunie is very bold with me, very tame and very sweet, but Denzel is very shy with me and very bold with Shaunie, he rumbles at him constantly and won't let him into either of the houses they have forcing Shaunie to sleep outside them! I keep seeing Shaunie peeking in the door of the house like a little kid in a sweetshop!

How come Shaunie is so bold and brave with me but runs a mile as soon as he hears or sees Denzel coming? Are they getting along or should I seperate them?

Confused ?

Well if you were to imagine yourself with a giant who could crush you just like that, if you were a bully you wouldn't bully a giant because you would be too afraid however with someone your own kind and size you would.

So Denzel who is the more dominant one shows his dominance with his own kind but with the giant (you) he is a little wary and so Shaunie who is the less dominant one while being a little afraid of Denzel he sees you as something to stop Denzel being dominant and is thus more comfortable and content to be with you.

Hope that made sense it was a little confusing just to read ;D

Yes thanks it made sense! "Never a truer word spoken in jest" - I'm 6ft tall ;D ;D

Anyway do you think I should keep them together and wait ?

I would keep them together for now although I would prepare for the worst as when there hormones start kicking in they might have to be seperated :police:

My two females are acting in a simalar way. Ella is very shy with me, but chases Remy around and squeals at her and head butts her (not hard though). There hasn't been any "You can't come in here" going on, but I know what you mean. Thankfully they've cuddled together once. O0

Oh poor little Shaunie :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( I'd persevere a little longer but then really consider separating them as it really can't be much fun for Shaunie and Denzel if they're not getting on. I've never had any real problems with lone piggies although you would have to give them loads of attention to compensate, also some toys or activities in their homes might help. Good luck O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back