B&M Natures Natural Goodness Hay

Banksy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Heyyyyyyyyyy folks.

Been a long time since I posted, unfortunately diagnosed with an inflammatory arthritis so spent the last few months in quite a level of pain but getting out of it now!

My partner stumbled across the hay from B&M as it was cheap and looked good, we fed it to our piggies and oh my god they devoured it like they had been starved this entire time... so much so that they are going through 2-3x the amount of hay they used to, i've tried multiple suppliers of hay and they've never taken to any hay like they have with this stuff.

We've stocked up on it so we can keep feeding them it but i'm slightly concerned about the "mixed flowers/Dandelion+Marigold" content. I know these sort of things can add calcium into the diet, so can this hay be fed daily even with the flowers added for "foraging" or should i mix it up with some of the plain hay?

Picture of the hay added for reference - picture of the piggies added for cuteness

1713857409116.webp
371591-timothy-hay-1kg-dandelion-and-marigold.webp

My they are getting big, still very beautiful. My boys like that hay, I tend to mix it with plain as I class it as treat hay.

My they are getting big, still very beautiful. My boys like that hay, I tend to mix it with plain as I class it as treat hay.
the size of Fred now... I'm struggling to find hides big enough for him 🤣, he ripped one of the hammocks getting in the other day haha.

I have used it in the past as a treat hay, though our B&M never seem to have it now. Mine get a fresh dandelion leaf from the garden most days as part of their diet so I do avoid dried generally because of the calcium.

Back