Autumn Harvest

piggl

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
I thought these forage packets were okay for piggies, I had been giving my 2 boys very tiny amounts over the past couple weeks.

Today I found a pumpkin seed in it, which I know piggies shouldn’t be having, so I am wondering if this should be fed at all?
They love the dried carrots/apples and pumpkin, but now i’m very wary of it considering they would include seeds in it, although I am aware it wasn’t made specifically for piggies.

Attachments

• IMG_5327.webp
    IMG_5327.webp
    94.6 KB · Views: 2
I wouldn't buy it, but as you have it can you pick out the dried bits they like as a treat and throw away the seeds. I wouldn't buy any more, they really don't need dried fruits and vegetables like carrot, (too much sugar). It's far better to buy green leaf type forage from places like Piggie Parcels. Mine particularly like the mint from Natures Own Pets.

Interesting. Should these mixes be avoided totally, or is that just your preference?

I don’t really know much about forage in all honesty, but looking to learn a bit more :)

I don’t buy much forage for my boys. All I get them is dried plantain, dried dandelion and dried peas. When I first got them I tried lots of different things and wasted a lot of money. They didn’t like a lot of what was available. Keep it simple I say.

I agree - I only use dried plantain , dandelion root and I air dry nettles from the garden ( they lose the stinginess when dried )
pea flakes 1 or 2 each week

Back