• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

asked vet about babies tilted head.

• Thread starter Thread starter tawny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tawny

hi all

well here i am again going on about babies tilted head. i had to take gizmo back to the vets today, went with him nine days ago and was told nothing was wrong with him. i explained that he had been coughing ect and pretty down and because of that he was given seven days of baytril.

took him back today only to be told he has pneumonia, i had the same vet as last time and she doesn't make me feel confident.

while i was there i asked what to do about baby, was told to take him of metcam and see what happens and that its up to me to decide if I'm happy to keep him the way he is ?

i quickly made it clear that baby would be given the very best and i was more than happy to keep him no matter what problems he had and the only time i would change my view is if he was in pain.

i also told her that i felt i needed a diagnose which we don't have right now, i need to know that there is nothing that can be done.

no body at the vets can tell me why he is like he is and they don't know if we can help him :(

i was also told that when he was treated for mites, that would have also have treated ear mites, is there not a separate treatment for ear mites?

she told me that i can be refered to an exotic vet and it would cost me £35, why do i have to be refered?

sorry to go on i just want to try my best for baby, the vet hadn't heard of megazorb or aubiose ?

anyway cavykind and hils 78 thankyou for your kindness over baby and later i'm going to try and get a picture of baby put on.

well thats my moaning done, just feel so worked up over baby and poor gizmo, i knew he wasn't well last time i took him. she weighed him but couldn't compare it to last time because it wasn't saved on the computer :(

i think last time she was to busy charging me £80 for looking at my 5 pigs and it wastn't much of a look for £80 ?

:Doooops i'm still moaning been a long day

Hello Please please give Vedra at the CCt a call. She will reassure you & tell you what to ask your vets to do for no fee what so ever. I'll dig out the number & post it here in a bit. ;)

thanks that was gona be my next question, was wondering how to get hold of her ;D

Cambridgeshire Cavy Trust - CCT

CCT
1 Splash Lane
Wyton
Huntingdon
Cambs
PE28 2AF

Surgery hours are by appointment only: Call or text Vedra on: 07721026401

Its a sticky in this forum :)

or ring my vet who is excellent with guineas and very very reasonable in price. Are you anywhere near Bath?

Some vets are awful at looking and treating piggies and couldn't really care less.

I would either get in touch with Vedra or seek out a rodentologist. :)

kellyandpiggies said:
Some vets are awful at looking and treating piggies and couldn't really care less.

I would either get in touch with Vedra or seek out a rodentologist. :)

oh boy,dont tell me that,Caramel is going in next thurs to have his fluffy bits removed :o

kellyandpiggies said:
Sars1359 said:
oh boy,dont tell me that,Caramel is going in next thurs to have his fluffy bits removed :o

Don't worry it's not all.. :)

phew thank god for that,although my vet does look like Hayley Cropper from Coronation Street...now that -is- worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back