Arthritis “re-evaluations” - how often?

wheekly

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Today I’m bringing Pumpkin in to the vet for a checkup. The vet discovered her arthritis a little over a month ago and I’m already bringing her back in 😂

I’m not sure if that’s a waste of money or not but I just really wanna stay on stop of her arthritis! I’d like to discuss how the medicine is working and reevaluate her pain levels.

How often do you guys bring arthritic piggies in for checkups? I’m definitely probably a bit overbearing but I’d rather stay on top of it and make sure she’s comfortable rather than wait for something to happen :)

Also if anyone has any suggestions for questions I should ask the vet regarding arthritis please let me know! I’m not sure what to discuss other than her pain & the dosage!

Mine have to go every six months or they won't issue repeat prescriptions. They've not gone that long since they were diagnosed in October though as they have had multiple unrelated health issues since then. If you have concerns then it's best to go and get her checked out if only to put your mind at rest.

Hamish has to be seen every 6months, which is the requirement while on long term metacam. We usually find we have been for another reason before the 6months comes around again!
He has been daily Metacam for just over a year now.
Hope all goes well at your appointment.

Back