• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

arghh!

• Thread starter Thread starter cavy love
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavy love

hi
bertie keeps getting a wet underside and i don't know why. i thought it was due to the fluffy bedding that he had in his pigloo, but i've changed to hay now and he still gets wet. i washed him yesterday, and this morning all ready he is wet again. i don't know what to do as i don't want him getting ill. please help. :'(

How old is Bertie?,if he is elderly he could be suffering from incontinence.If not,he may have a urinary infection.Does his backside smell very strong?,have you noticed him drinking more than usual?.I take it that he is eating normally and is active>?.

You could try cutting the hair short at the back,and are you putting newspaper under the hay?.How often do you change the bedding.I use newspaper and hay as bedding,and find I have to change it at least twice a day because it does get wet.

he is only 9 weeks! i'll try newspaper, and cutting his hair, i only clean it once a day, but will twice now, thanks for the advice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back