area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
wats the minimum floor space for 20 guineas pigs? ino obviously the more the better but i need to no the minimum. also how much do you feed wen keping herds?

I would say floor space would have to be 18x2 or 9x4. As for food I feed a handful of pellets per pig sometimes twice a day 2 large handfuls of timothy hay a day and 6 different veggies a day so for morning I would feed 2 large leaves or 4 smaller, half a carrot and half an inch of cucumber per pig.

Oh how I wish I could have 20 piggies again (nasty hubby wont let me :tickedoff: again, I ask myself whyever did I marry him?)

No, you shouldnt want 20, with 20 its impossible for them to have all the hugs and treats and attention they thrive on methinks :smitten: :smitten:

I always think, no matter whether they are in a herd of 3 or a herd of 40, they still need the same amount of love, time and attention :smitten:

I have to agree PP, I've six and I struggle to give them equal cuddles. I do it though just don;t get me time! :)

What's "me" time? Oh yes, I vaguely remember that! ;D ;D I agree, all piggies need cuddles, we've got 10, 3 hate cuddles but the rest are all snugly pigs and what wonderful time wasters they are!

I have 22 piggies and i give them as much cuddles and run time as possible - but in this weather its hardly ideal to get all of them out one by one so it is quite sad i agree but i definately make it all up to them with lots of fruit and veg and new toys etc and in the dummer everyone cuddles them :smitten:

ive now got 3 :smitten: and ive always said i wont get any more than 3 and I'm sticking to it! i wouldnt want them to miss out or suffer from cuddles or space. i think you should always start with a pair and if you want more after a while you could get another etc but you may find that having two, three, four is as many as you can cope with. Piggies do take alot of time and can cost alot of money with vet bills, daily veg etc i know i defo wouldnt be able to afford 20 without my three missing out! and i am on a very good wage

but i suppose thats just me everybody is in different situations O0

maisynpoppy said:
ive now got 3 :smitten: and ive always said i wont get any more than 3 and I'm sticking to it! i wouldnt want them to miss out or suffer from cuddles or space. i think you should always start with a pair and if you want more after a while you could get another etc but you may find that having two, three, four is as many as you can cope with. Piggies do take alot of time and can cost alot of money with vet bills, daily veg etc i know i defo wouldnt be able to afford 20 without my three missing out! and i am on a very good wage

but i suppose thats just me everybody is in different situations O0
Hi, you said if having loads of guineas then theyd miss out on cuddles and space yet its not like that with everyone whos got loads of guinea pigs - just thought id say that - and having 22 piggies is just fab and all of mine have different personalities and its great seeing how they all react to different things and how some are fussy etc :smitten:

It's all down to how much time (and money) you have to give them really. Iloveanimals I agree with you and I am sure your piggies get loads of attention and love however not everyone has as much time on their hands.
Pether, do you have piggies already? Only an experienced (well experienced) person could care (well) for so many piggies. It is probably best to start with a couple and then expand slowly, that way you have time to realise how much work/money is needed exactly.

Laure said:
It's all down to how much time (and money) you have to give them really. Iloveanimals I agree with you and I am sure your piggies get loads of attention and love however not everyone has as much time on their hands.
Pether, do you have piggies already? Only an experienced (well experienced) person could care (well) for so many piggies. It is probably best to start with a couple and then expand slowly, that way you have time to realise how much work/money is needed exactly.
Thanks i do love every single one of mine and i do go college too and still have time for them :smitten: but i do agree with you also about starting off with a pair or something then expanding if you have the time and space needed :D

Oh well sounds like you know what you are doing then ;D ;D
Sorry it's just sometime we do get some people on this forum who get ideas of running before they can walk. didn't mean to sound patronising... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back