• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

are these toys safe for piggies?

D

Deleted member 154866

IMG_8532.webp
my mom ordered a bunch of stuff for the piggies:) but she doesn’t know a lot about guinea pig health so i just wanted to make sure these are safe?
(the corn cob arch seems pinkish, not sure if it was dyed or not, and the balls are rattan)

My boys like and play with those balls. They mostly destroy them. Mine also play with toilet paper rolls, which is what the other toys look like.

oo ok, thankyou:)) also the other thing is a dried corn cob arch!

When I’ve given mine corn on the cob they always leave the cob. So it should be ok to sit under or climb on as I don’t think they will eat it.

ok! also u can’t really tell from the photo but the cobs seem to be dyed slightly pink, is that something to be worried about?

Personally I avoid anything that seems to have been dyed.
When I’ve given mine corn on the cob they always leave the cob. So it should be ok to sit under or climb on as I don’t think they will eat it.
When mine have corn on the cob they don't eat the cob but they do enjoy having a good chew on them for as long as I tolerate leaving them in the cage. Normal wicker balls are a big hit and get destroyed very quickly.

Plain willow balls are fine (the brown ones you can get) but I’d personally not use anything in this picture.

Back