Are soft toys okay or not?

Jellybellybeans

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
So my 7 year old son decided to give Squeak a little soft cow toy yesterday to cheer him up as Pip was bossing him around a lot & he felt sorry for him!😂 But Squeak wasn’t the slightest bit interested it it - Pip on the other hand seems to have taken quite a shine to the cow & decided to hump it, snuggle up with it & then drag it off to bed!😳😳🤣🤣
It doesn’t have any plastic or glass eyes and I’ve removed the label but is it okay in the there with him 24/7 or should it just be under supervision?😂xIMG_0206.webp

So my 7 year old son decided to give Squeak a little soft cow toy yesterday to cheer him up as Pip was bossing him around a lot & he felt sorry for him!😂 But Squeak wasn’t the slightest bit interested it it - Pip on the other hand seems to have taken quite a shine to the cow & decided to hump it, snuggle up with it & then drag it off to bed!😳😳🤣🤣
It doesn’t have any plastic or glass eyes and I’ve removed the label but is it okay in the there with him 24/7 or should it just be under supervision?😂xView attachment 252010

Hi

Just remove any eyes that can come off. Toddler-safe toys are usually also fine for piggies but don't be surprised if they get ignored.

Some very rampant teenage boys can profit from a soft piggy/rat sized humping toy to draw some of the fire away from their companion.

Thank you for the advice☺️ Yes, I think Pip being the dominant one and having teenage hormones raging at the moment, is really taking it out on the poor cow!🤣🤣 I think it will benefit Squeak the most as I’m hoping it will act as a bit of a distraction then - Pip has being showing off his ‘manliness’ to squeak quite a bit lately, rumble strutting, butt sniffing & a bit of quiet teeth chattering going on🙄 poor Squeak, I’ve read through all the helpful boar pair advice on here and I’m just trying my best to make it as smooth sailing as possible as I’ve learnt the teenage hormone stage can be a real testing time and I’m praying their bond won’t break🤞🏻🤞🏻

Dignified Sir George has enjoyed a humping harem for over a year and Mischievous Master Boris now has his own after showing more interest. It became a harem because I kept trying to give Master Boris a chance at having his own but Sir George claimed each new one. I use baby safe toys and cut the labels off. IMG20240111151825.webpThey get dragged around, snuggled up with, groomed, used as pillows and occasionally violated! Sir George likes to gather them in a corner and sleep with them.

I think it's good not to make too many changes at once. For instance, perhaps only cleaning half the cage at a time so that they don't have to re-establish dominance all the time. A cage without their scent in it feels alien and can lead the top pig to be more territorial. Pip is awfully cute with the toy! This behaviour is fascinating and seems to be quite beneficial.

Back