Are fan heaters safe?

Spaniel

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Are fan heaters safe to use around piggies?

Our boiler has been turned off by the gas engineer until tomorrow so the house is colder than normal.

We’ve moved the piggies into the bedroom for now as it’s warmer than downstairs but it’s still colder than they’re used to.

We have a fan heater. Can we have it on the landing directed at the bedroom to warm up the room a bit?

Thanks

Are fan heaters safe to use around piggies?

Our boiler has been turned off by the gas engineer until tomorrow so the house is colder than normal.

We’ve moved the piggies into the bedroom for now as it’s warmer than downstairs but it’s still colder than they’re used to.

We have a fan heater. Can we have it on the landing directed at the bedroom to warm up the room a bit?

Thanks
I should think it will be fine, as long as it's not directly pointed at their cage.Ive used a fan heater in the same room as pigs before.

I agree, as long as it's not blowing directly on them. Needs must! It's better than freezing. Maybe you could get the room warmed up, shut the door and put a blanket over them to keep the warmth in the cage overnight. Snuggle Safes would be good if you've got them. I hope you get the boiler back tomorrow.

Back