Apple tree stick?

Braildra

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello i have a quick question I have an apple Tree close to my house in the forest and I was wondering if my Guinea could eat the tree stick safely it have no product on it it a wild apple tree! Also is that ok to give them stick from tree in the forest that I can found on the ground or is it better to cut it off? I also apologize for my bad grammar I’m French :) thank you if you answered my question hopefully everyone have a good night or day!

Attachments

• IMG_8360.webp
    IMG_8360.webp
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7806.webp
    IMG_7806.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7317.webp
    IMG_7317.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 2
Bonjour. Your grammar is fine no need to apologise better than my French anyway. I would not give sticks off the floor as they may have been contaminated by other animals, please wait for confirmation from someone else too but I'm quite sure cut apple sticks from a tree are fine as long as they are free from signs of disease. PS Your guineas are adorable 🐾

Apple sticks are safe.
You can give apple sticks which you cut from a tree. Wash the stick first.
Don’t give them any from the ground and don’t give them anything you aren’t certain is safe

Piggies love apple wood. We get small branches from a family members tree. In the summer we just put the whole thing in their outdoor run and let them eat what they like. It is really good enrichment for them.

Hi and welcome

Apple, pear and willow are the types of wood that are best for guinea pigs chew and eat.

If possible, cut off a small twig or two for eating; they like the fresh wood better than the dry although fallen branches are OK for gnawing as long as you wash them thoroughly and remove any lichen and moss.

Not all of your piggies may like them, so you can always only try and be patient.

Bonjour. Your grammar is fine no need to apologise better than my French anyway. I would not give sticks off the floor as they may have been contaminated by other animals, please wait for confirmation from someone else too but I'm quite sure cut apple sticks from a tree are fine as long as they are free from signs of disease. PS Your guineas are adorable 🐾
Tysm also how many can I give them a day? Is there a limit or is it like a treat? (I laughed at the bonjour.)

Tysm also how many can I give them a day? Is there a limit or is it like a treat? (I laughed at the bonjour.)

If yours are anything like mine, they will just chew the bark off over a couple of days and then ignore the rest of it. I buy sticks which are a couple of inches long and I throw on one per piggy (or rabbit also in my case).
If it’s a long branch which I’ve cut off my own trees then I will just put in one long branch

Hi

It is an enrichment treat and not a regular food source. Piggies will gnaw as much as they like and then ignore the rest.

My piggies have never been that interested in apple twigs. I hope yours like them.

Back