• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Apple & Banana Critical Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
A question, just been re reading the 'impacted bum' thread and all about banana which i was aware of, both our boys have never liked it. But i've just bought another bag of CC and it's banana and apple flavoured, now i give Duke 4 serves of CC a day, should i try to give him something else in place every few days? He's poos were actually better this morning and he's only had 2 serves of the new CC. He didn't mind the aniseed flavour but our vets can't get that at the moment.
Any thoughts?

Yes thanks, that's what i thought.
Unfortunately he hates it and just about refuses to eat it :P, so am going to try to source out his fav one with aniseed today

It is not a good idea to use Critical Care or Recovery exclusively.I grind up some dry mix in a coffee grinder and mix half and half with Critical Care.I also add some pureed veg or fruit.This gives a near normal diet.I gradually reduce the amount of Critical Care. Mary

Glynis said:
Unfortunately he hates it and just about refuses to eat it :P, so am going to try to source out his fav one with aniseed today

Hi Glynis

Have you had a look at Thistle Cavies website

http://thistlecavies.tripod.com/id25.html

I have always purchased my CC from there. Wendy sends it out very quickly too.

I would be interested to know where you got the new flavour one from, as would like to get some for my first aid box as an alternative. Some of my pigs hate the normal CC so be nice to have the alternate flavour.

Deb x

Deb said:
Glynis said:

Hi Glynis

Have you had a look at Thistle Cavies website

http://thistlecavies.tripod.com/id25.html

me too would love to get some different flavours

I have always purchased my CC from there. Wendy sends it out very quickly too.

I would be interested to know where you got the new flavour one from, as would like to get some for my first aid box as an alternative. Some of my pigs hate the normal CC so be nice to have the alternate flavour.

Deb x

OK well my vet gets it from a Clinic in Hallam, Victoria Australia. But i believe they import direct from the USA.

Duke loves his aniseed one but i got him the apple and banana cause that's all they had. Whoa did he get crappy at me.
I've now managed to source out more aniseed so he's a happy chappy again.

I don't use CC exclusively but thanks. He get his veggies and fruits, not many, but changed at least 3 times a day and i get up during the night most of the time twice to replenish what he's eaten. I'm trying everything. Little monkey will now eat a little corn off the cob and the odd nibble of cauliflower. It's a day by day process.

Thanks for all the advice.
If anyone wants to know more about the flavours i can find out about it for them, just pm me :)

I had some of this one last year from a friend who'd been to America. Mine prefer the Aniseed one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back