Anyones guineas particularly frisky at the moment?!

• Thread starter Thread starter Jillybean
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jillybean

In the girls group, Saffy who is my little quiet shy one, has fallen madly in love with Robyn, a large glossy black beauty and spent most of this morning on top of her. Saffy had a pedicure, haircut and bath a couple of days ago so maybe the make-over gave her a new lease of life!

Meanwhile, in the boys group, Jacob is EXTREMELY frisky! He is chasing Teddy around and mating like there's no tomorrow. They have been running round loose for the last 1 1/2 hours and the room stinks! (utility room, so it's vinyl, not carpet, although there is a rug in there :o). I had to get up in the night to shut our bedroom door because Jacob chirped at the top of his voice for ages and it was keeping us awake.

Tomorrow we're going to start on their new area. They are very lucky as they're going to have a bedroom to themselves. They've got 42 sq ft between 3 of them! (we haven't got kids!). Unfortunately they're separated into a pair and a single at the moment because of fighting but one will be neutered soon and live with the girls.

Anyway, enough of the rambling but anyone else got oversexed guineas at the mo?!

Badger spent most of the day chasing weenie around, poor weenie doesn't want the attention and keeps telling her off. Chester is rumbling at Bertie quite a bit and attempting to climb on him only to receive a kick in the side lol

Arthur is going thru a phase of brrring & mounting poor Fitz, who just lets him, bless him :smitten: :smitten:

I think there is something in the Air,Micky is mounting his brothers all the time yet he lets them both take his veggies out of his mouth ::)

wheek said:
yep brownie is humping his vetbed :-\
;D ;D ;D Sorry, shouldn't laugh. Bless him. It reminds me of a dog we had years ago who had a white teddy. If we had visitors she used to get it out and mate it. We also had a very low windowsill and she used to get on that and mate with it, so everyone outside could see.

Saffy's romantic phase has passed. The boys are still chasing each other round, I've put the 3 back together again to see if they'll get on. They've got more space now. Don't think it's going to work. One will have to be neutered.

The guinea pigs in pets at home were frisky this afternoon....lol

Vicky(Smudger) said:
Knowing Pets at Home's success rate with sexing guineas they were probably genuinely frisky ::)

Jillybean said:
Vicky(Smudger) said:
Knowing Pets at Home's success rate with sexing guineas they were probably genuinely frisky ::)

Our pets at home are actually very good. The girls in there have a good knowledge of the guinea pigs and all the animals.

pimm said:
Badger spent most of the day chasing weenie around, poor weenie doesn't want the attention and keeps telling her off. Chester is rumbling at Bertie quite a bit and attempting to climb on him only to receive a kick in the side lol

My guinea pigs name is chester as well, just pointing that out O0 O0

sokel said:
I think there is something in the Air,Micky is mounting his brothers all the time yet he lets them both take his veggies out of his mouth ::)

I did wonder that myself last night, all my boys were extremely vocal and frisky and just generally naughty! To be honest I looked out the window to see if there was a full moon! Glad its not only me that has these little phases!

my 5 jut seem generally peeved at me at the moment. They are flinching alot when you put your hand inside the hitch which they havent done since we first had them. Seem to love Daddy only when he has a big bowl of fresh veg on him LOL

Not looking forward to moving them into the garage soon as they get so bored.... Bring on global warming!

Jillybean said:
Vicky(Smudger) said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D how very true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back