Anyone using a wireless pet camera?

Clairey56

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,
I've just recently put my guinea pigs in a shed all kitted out for them. It doesn't have electricity inside the shed and I was wondering if anyone used a secruity/pet camera that was rechargeable and if you do what one? Thanks for the help. I just would like to check in on them when I'm not home.

Hi Welcome to the forum
We had a camera to watch a birds nest and hedgehogs but used a long USB cable. I think the camera’s make was Blink

Purchased this one about two months ago, my only complaint with it is that sometimes it can take a little while to load, but if you have good internet that should help your case :)

Thanks for your replies. I got one off amazon. The make is iegeek. It uses a rechargeable battery and can use solar panel to charge it. Its amazing so far. These are the photos from it. They are so clear. Really pleased with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220728-203737_CloudEdge.webp
    Screenshot_20220728-203737_CloudEdge.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220728-203729_CloudEdge.webp
    Screenshot_20220728-203729_CloudEdge.webp
    18 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for your replies. I got one off amazon. The make is iegeek. It uses a rechargeable battery and can use solar panel to charge it. Its amazing so far. These are the photos from it. They are so clear. Really pleased with it.
Does it need wifi? I’m just thinking about my piggies outdoors. Issue is that the wifi doesn’t reach where their hutch us, even if it’s only a couple of steps from the back of the house

We have CCTV that is wireless but it is electric powered. I love the fact I can check the front of my house when I'm 100 miles away at work. 👍
20220704184001920_e7f7055e934844bcaf51aa2d2fc0c692_E01920398_16-9.webp

We have Arlo cameras for the house (front door, doorbell, garage and side gate all covered). They are WiFi linked though and we have a whole hub system for WiFi at home because we both work from home. You get an alert on your phone if it captures movement and it only records when it catches movement so isn't recording constantly.

I do love being able to check things out easily, especially if I'm not home but there was one year I brought the OH a playstation for Christmas and had to deactivate the cameras as I got off the bus and then reactivate them once I was inside in case he happened to see me come in with it 🤣

How does it work
Your camera links to your router which has its own IP address, your mobile phone links to the same IP address so you can monitor it on your phone wherever you are.

Does it need wifi? I’m just thinking about my piggies outdoors. Issue is that the wifi doesn’t reach where their hutch us, even if it’s only a couple of steps from the back of the house
Yeah it needs WiFi. I use a netgear WiFi extender and that seems to help.

We have Arlo cameras for the house (front door, doorbell, garage and side gate all covered). They are WiFi linked though and we have a whole hub system for WiFi at home because we both work from home. You get an alert on your phone if it captures movement and it only records when it catches movement so isn't recording constantly.

I do love being able to check things out easily, especially if I'm not home but there was one year I brought the OH a playstation for Christmas and had to deactivate the cameras as I got off the bus and then reactivate them once I was inside in case he happened to see me come in with it 🤣
I’m Arlo too! I’m not into having, erm how do I put this, Chinese monitoring hardware on my network thanks. Great kit! Saved my bacon a few times too!

Back