Anyone Have Pics of Piggy House/Hide outs?

• Thread starter Thread starter pdqgp
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pdqgp

Just curious as to what everyone is using for their pigs little place of residence. Not the entire cage necessarily, but the little house. Do you use a box, a pigloo, etc.....

Post your pics or point me to them please. WOuld love to see what all is being used.

Thanks!

my guinea pigs have little houses that i made from scraps of wood.Just a roof and 2 sides just like a tunnel,put one off the opened ends to the wall to have house with 'door way' or use like a tunnel!make sure that the screws are flat to the wood,so not to caught little toes and feet! Also for outside i use a small plastic dog bed,turned upside down.Just nice size for 3 pigles

I use pigloos: The trio have 1 rabbit sized one (bottom in pic) & 2 smaller identical ones, my single boys have a smaller one but with a tunnel entrance :)

This pic shows 2 different rabbit sized ones (the one on the top, in my opinion, is big enough for 1 piggy-2 at a squash

CC322.jpg

I have a pigloo too. If i'm not using that (or if it's the summer & out in the run) i have a little wooden house with a window or a larger wooden plain 'box shape' house with arch front. When its cold, i construct houses out of cardboard boxes, with maybe a tunnel leading to the door, to keep the heat in! Just for fun, i've put two boxes together & cut out a little hole in the middle, so the house has two chambers!

In the hutch they have a seperate bedroom area and I put the pigloo at the other end its a huge 5ft hutch. For the indoor cages Rimmer has a pigloo the girl just hide under the hay they used to fall out over the pigloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back