Anyone got Sage house pets@home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My piggies won't use their ramp at all :( does anyone else piggies use a ramp ? Any ideas what I can do for them to use it okay ?
Thanks
karen x

My piggies don't have this hutch but they do have a double decker hutch with a ramp. I didn't really persuade them at all, they just figured it out themselves. This might sound a bit mean but I did (gently!) push t hem down it a bit at first. Also, make sure the ramp isn't too steep ;)

Most piggies won't use the ramp if they don't feel secure, try adding a banister on the side and place bits of their favourite foods at the top and bottom.

Alison said:
Most piggies won't use the ramp if they don't feel secure, try adding a banister on the side and place bits of their favourite foods at the top and bottom.
I have two sows in Sage house with a banister and they love it :) before they lived with me they had never lived in a hutch and they got on with the ramp fine after useing veggies to temp them. My Trio have the Thistle Hall and never used ramps untill this week all three use the ramp no problem.

i have sage house too, it may take a while before they start to use the ramp but should in time, you could try nudging them up or down, maybe put some nice veggies on the ramp to encourage them.

Hi my pigs dont have that house but they have a ramp and i just put sum hay at the top and in their view and they soon got 2 using it! had a few kamikaze moments but they use it fine now ;D xx

i have had to train piggies and rabbits to use ramps. i put their favourite food on it half way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back