Anyone Else Counting Down The Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louise's Zoo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Under a week now till I collect my 3 little piggies. Annoyingly it could have been sooner as little Eileen's only other sibling, a male, was removed from mum last week and put with some other males so Eileen, her mummy (Eva) and Aunty Edna have been ready for a week. I'm just a little behind schedule with my purchases! :flag:

However, the cage will be here Tuesday and on Wednesday I'm going to pop out to Wilko and buy a few more bits and bobs and then, the plan is that afternoon to go an collect my girls. I am literally counting down the sleeps till I get them. :yahoo:I can't wait to show you all some photos.

Anyone else waiting patiently (or not) for new piggies? :wub:

Not right now, but I was quite (I'm)patient when I was waiting for mine!

I've been to see them a couple of times a week since baby Eileen was 1 week old and every time I don't want to leave them. Not long till I never have to hand them back!

Oh that must be so hard! I never met mine till I picked them up!

I met mine in the morning at P@H (didn't know about rescues then) then went back in the afternoon to get them! I was so excited! Having had piggies before I had an indoor cage. I just had to get the usual stuff hay, pellets, hideys etc.I couldn't leave Velvet and Betsy for anyone else:no: they are gorgeous pigs and I fell in love immediatley!:love::love::love: 35 days later in the evening I found these in the cage .....

Babies New Born.webp

That was over a year ago and that is why I now have 5! Luckily I have a large double decker hutch and P@H paid for the 2 boys to be neutered.

I waited ages for my two. I was due to adopt two boars from a local rescue but that fell through.

I then found Mistletoe and Jingle at another rescue and went to visit them. Awwwww. Two long weeks later i collected them. Well worth the wait. I already had a good sized indoor cage which the rescue were happy with so didnt have do get anything except for beautiful fleece to make cage liners!

I met mine in the morning at P@H (didn't know about rescues then) then went back in the afternoon to get them! I was so excited! Having had piggies before I had an indoor cage. I just had to get the usual stuff hay, pellets, hideys etc.I couldn't leave Velvet and Betsy for anyone else:no: they are gorgeous pigs and I fell in love immediatley!:love::love::love: 35 days later in the evening I found these in the cage .....

View attachment 64434

That was over a year ago and that is why I now have 5! Luckily I have a large double decker hutch and P@H paid for the 2 boys to be neutered.

Typical P@H! Years ago I bought a rabbit from them and a few days later she gave birth to 7 babies. I'm glad you got to keep your piggy babies. Back then there was not vets in P@H and they were not interested in helping me out at all. They just offered to take the babies and sell them on. I declined and found homes for them myself.

I am counting down to my to new skinnies too!

Oooh how long? I saw and cuddled my first ever skinny pig a couple of years ago. It was nicer than I expected :nod:

I've never met a skinny pig, but do know a hairless Chinese Crested dog (called Gary!) , I imagine they feel very similar; warm and soft?

Yeah, very warm and silky! The one I cuddled had a tuft of hair just on it's nose. I think they're called werewolves?

I am currently waiting to give 2 piggies a great home. I'm in the process of putting my cage together. I am going to visit a rescue centre on the 12th of june to hopefully give a pair of guinea pigs a great life. I cant wait I'm so excited !

Typical P@H! Years ago I bought a rabbit from them and a few days later she gave birth to 7 babies. I'm glad you got to keep your piggy babies. Back then there was not vets in P@H and they were not interested in helping me out at all. They just offered to take the babies and sell them on. I declined and found homes for them myself.

Oooh how long? I saw and cuddled my first ever skinny pig a couple of years ago. It was nicer than I expected :nod:

3 weeks, can't wait!

It's so exciting isn't it. I love that feeling when you first get them and can't peeking in on them :) I only had to wait a couple of days for my billy as the previous owner changed the day I was supposed to pick him up. And before that I took my frankie boar dating and had to wait a little a week until the lady at the rescue had time to bond him with one. Other than that I have always brought them home on the day. I actually do miss that feeling of waiting though :)

I did get my girls, one week ago. I have posted a few pics in the photo section but I'll add some here too as I forgot to update this thread :yahoo:

Bubbles and Biscuit are gorgeous. You must be so happy to have the home with you.

Here are my girls.

Eva

18951017_308065839648542_704007913915792345_n.jpg

Her daughter baby Eileen (she only has one eye)

18882107_306695459785580_6873710607933667374_n.jpg

Aunty Edna

18952898_307585099696616_7631807335189862552_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back