Anyone Else Come Across This With Wooden Housing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonBon2010

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
BonBon loves it that much she more or less lives in it, resulting in a discoloured butt.
I have to bath her bum once a week, and disinfect the house as the poo piles up where she's sat. I've taken to removing the house every clean out day to give it and her a break. Yesterday I had to bath Truffles for the second time for the same reason. I regularly clean the patch out under the house daily with fresh shavings to counter this, but somehow they still manage to do it, and I think it's disgusting..
They never do this under the plastic igloo, so what an earth are they doing? And why do they love it so much?

It just piggies they have dubious personal hygiene :))

Is it the wooden hideaway with the ramp and gap underneath? if so, Tilly and Hettie have this in their indoor enclosure. They poop and wee in there loads and underneath the hideaway too! I put a puppy pad in there covered with Auboise and then hay and a puppy pad underneath the hut too!

I have to change the whole lot everyday!

Mine used to do this so much, I removed it. I think they like it so much because it absorbs 'their smell'. I soaked mine in pet safe disinfectant and put them in the oven to kill....everything possible and they STILL have a smell about them. I've kept them for floor time, and it's the first place they head to, even with veg scattered around! Funny little pigs.

My Guinea Pig is an odd duck. :blink:
She hates anything wooden! I've tried chews, sticks, branches, bridges. EVERYTHING
They just get head butted out of the way and never touched again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back