Any signs for whether reintroductions will be successful?

• Thread starter Thread starter tworedboots
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tworedboots

Following my post below about fighting boars, we have separated ours. It's a temporary arrangement at the moment, but I don't have much hope about successful reintroductions tbh. Has anyone actually done this - separated fighting boars (at roughly puberty age) then managed to pair them up again?

Are there any signs for whether this should be possible or not?

Also - how high can they climb?! The division down their cage is low enough that they can peek over the top (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tworedboots/528494669/) ... do you think this will stop them?

Strike that last question. One of them just jumped it! I am going to have to do something else with them!

Personally my two boys had to be separated at puberty because they were fighting. I tried to re-introduc them a couple of months later and they were having none of it. They skipped the rumbling stage and just launche straight into teeth showing and chattering wth lunges.
Things to try could be to let them live side by side but able to see each other if possible. Give them a bath together, so that they could bond and they would smell the same. I think some people use vicks vapour rub on noses and bums so that everyone smells the same as well.

Agree, very rarely have I known of two boars that have had to be separated and put back together without causing or trying cause each other injuries. I think you guineas relationship is sadly over. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back