Any General Advice Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacspiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all, we are owners to a one year old rehome, fights with others but not completely ruling out an introduction, any advice?

Basically I would like to check we're being the best piggy parents we can be, so far we have:

A two storey hutch on slabs
a wire run on grass
Indoor cage
We use wood shavings and newspaper in bedroom and a cardboard box with bedding inside for warmth

He eats everything, including a switch to pellets, not a problem!
we cut all veg into bits I worry about stringy veg and teeth

Any advice on anything and personal experience welcome

Hi and welcome to the forum. The best thing you can do for your little one is to take him or to a rescue where he can allow her to chose a friend. Rescues will also help with the bonding. This thread will show you the nearest rescues,
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/pages/guinea-pig-rescue-locator/
With a rescue you will not need to quarantine. You can be sure the piggies are healthy, correctly sexed and not pregnant.

Personally, I use vetbed as bedding. Shavings can cause allergies. I dislike them although others will tell you they use them. A cardboard box is a nice way of having a hidey but you will need one for each piggy so they have their own space and will not fight. With piggies they all need their own things so food bowls, water bottles, beds etc.

This thread will explain suitable vegetables for your little one,
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/...or-a-balanced-general-guinea-pig-diet.116460/
Please feel free to ask anything else. I hope I have managed to answer your questions.

I have mine in c& c cages so have a ground sheet then incontinence pads then fleece.I have litter trays with newspaper then finacard then hay .Even dust extracted shavings made my nose itch.There is Fitch or auboise as well.

Thank you, ill do some research on your recommendations. I am worried about absorption with shavings and in darker months piggy may spend more time in bed, don't want him getting sore:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back