Any Christmas Stocking Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florapig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
IMG_20161110_164918.webp Hi, I don't know if put this in the right place, but I was wondering if there was any good presents/stocking fillers for guinea pigs. I know they don't know its Christmas but I think it's nice to include them as they are part of my family

Thankyou x

Small things for a stocking, hmm. And of course they should have a special day like us! Some ideas:
Chew sticks, I hear chamomile hay is appreciated, carrot cottages are much loved, even little cardboard tubes stuffed with hay are often enjoyed! My Christmas idea is to mix little tiny bits of lavender in with their salad and possibly hay. They must eat Christmas lunch with us, too! Maybe not at the table...they'd need a very high chair.

How about some hanging chew toys, they do quite a selection and pets at home and mine love having a nibble.

Small things for a stocking, hmm. And of course they should have a special day like us! Some ideas:
Chew sticks, I hear chamomile hay is appreciated, carrot cottages are much loved, even little cardboard tubes stuffed with hay are often enjoyed! My Christmas idea is to mix little tiny bits of lavender in with their salad and possibly hay. They must eat Christmas lunch with us, too! Maybe not at the table...they'd need a very high chair.
:-) Thankyou, I love the ideas

I will be sewing a couple of new cuddle cups.
In addition I have bought some willow balls, grainless chew sticks, and Gorgeous Guineas shampoo.
Everyone will have a present under the tree on Christmas Day :san:
Is it easy to sew cuddle cups as I'm not that good with sewing? I'd love to make them some though

Is it easy to sew cuddle cups as I'm not that good with sewing? I'd love to make them some though

I learnt from this tutorial;

She hand sews hers, but I am lazy so I use a machine.
And remember they don't have to be perfect - the guinea pigs are very kind about my sometimes wonky sewing.

I learnt from this tutorial;

She hand sews hers, but I am lazy so I use a machine.
And remember they don't have to be perfect - the guinea pigs are very kind about my sometimes wonky sewing.
Thankyou, I am going to get the materials tomorrow and try making one :-)

My guinea pigs love herby salad forage from b and m
Natures Natural Goodness Herbal Salad
Pets at home sell similar products. And it's about £2. I put a little bit in a paper bag and mix it with hay. It seems to get them eating more hay

My guinea pigs also love this and its very good for them physically & emotionally to forage and eat lots of hay :nod:

So far I have bought my two some hay, royal gala apple tree chews, and some oxbow bell pepper treats and instead of a traditional stocking ive decided to use a large brown paper bag instead for them to play in. No doubt there will be more spoiling as this is their first xmas.

So far I have bought my two some hay, royal gala apple tree chews, and some oxbow bell pepper treats and instead of a traditional stocking ive decided to use a large brown paper bag instead for them to play in. No doubt there will be more spoiling as this is their first xmas.
That's really nice :)
Your piggies are going to LOVE their 1st Christmas, lucky little piggies :luv:

I bought my piggy sunburst treats from petco (all natural only 6 ingredients), some chew sticks, an alfalfa hay tunnel, and a little hammock. I've also made her a snuggle sack, cuddly cup, and insulated pillow(it gets VERY cold here in winter)

Mine have the meadow forage boxes and a dandelion mix from P@H. Daddy piggy is getting them a carrot cottage

I will get them whatever else grabs my fancy and what has the correct ingredients for the piggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back