Any advise? BOARS AND SOWS TOGETHER

• Thread starter Thread starter Michele
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michele

Any advise?

On Saturday I put my old girls in the run and thought i would try my young boys with them. Well....... LOL....... my girls are very quiet and chilled piggies and they were busy eating grass. when i put my boys in, the big one of the 2 was going mad in a good ish way. Think he thought christmas had come early. lol . he was getting very very excited. sniffing the girls behinds and trying to mount. He was being a pest.

How long does this last or will he be like this with them?

Both my girls have had hysterectomies. I did take the boys out after 5 minutes. Think the girls were relieved ;D I put hte girls in with my dwarf rabbit and they played merrily for hours. My rabbit again is a chilled rabbit and is the same size as my girls. I know you arent suppose to put them together but it was just in the run in the daytime. They all have there own hutch & runs for night time.

My castrated boars calm down down after a few days of living constantly with the sows. I've had spayed sows with boars before but I'd imagine its much the same. Your rabbit may not injure the pigs but can pass on Bordatella and Pasteurella to the pigs. He doesn't have to be showing any signs of this himself either (Bordatella, not sure about Pasteurella). Another one to look out for is E Cunicculi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back