Any Advice For New Owner Looking To Rehome 2 Rescue Piggies

Joscar

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm going to look at 2 18 month old boars tomorrow at a rescue centre and I was wondering whether there is a guide on here anywhere as to what I should look at while I'm with the piggies? Any behaviour to be aware of, or any medical things?
I've had a good look and read of some of the guides, but can't find anything specific for new owners going to rescue centres.
Thanks so much in advance.

Hello, welcome to the Guinea pig forum.

Is it one of the rescue centres listed on the rescue locator on the forum?

My advice would be just making sure the piggies are healthy no skin issues. Ask how long they have been bonded together..

You shouldn't have any issues with reputable rescues at all :)

Thank you so much.

It's not on the rescue locator as I've just checked. I believe they've been together since birth and they are unwanted children's presents....but I will definitely check this out, so thank you for pointing that out.

I'm getting them for my 2 children but also me.....because I simply adore guinea pigs (had them when I was younger) and I'm home so much so I can give them lots and lots of cuddles.

Thanks again for your reply.

Thank you so much.

It's not on the rescue locator as I've just checked. I believe they've been together since birth and they are unwanted children's presents....but I will definitely check this out, so thank you for pointing that out.

I'm getting them for my 2 children but also me.....because I simply adore guinea pigs (had them when I was younger) and I'm home so much so I can give them lots and lots of cuddles.

Thanks again for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on. Have a read through our guides too as they give you lots of tips Are Guinea Pigs For Me? - A Guide

Welcome to the forum by the way, great to have you here

Lee

Thanks so much for your replies and help.
I checked the piggies out yesterday and they are perfect for us. We now need to buy everything and set it up......and then hoping to bring them home in around a weeks time.
This site has been incredible for helping a newbee Guinea Pig owner with everything we need to know. I've now feel like I've read a book today, reading up the guides etc.......but I feel much better prepared now and I'm very grateful.
I will pop on a picture or two when we finally get the home.
Carol

Back