• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Antibiotics?

• Thread starter Thread starter sianieJ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sianieJ

My gp is on them and wonder is there an esier way of getting him to take them then with a syring?

Syringe is the best way to get them into a piggy, if you put them into water you would not know they are taking the correct doseage per day.
Surely if it helps the problem I would persist with it, your piggy being uncomforable for a few seconds would be a worthy in my eyes instead of being ill.

Emma x

yes of course it is I didn't know whether I could put it on a bit of food. Never mind tho I will perserver as we don't want any infections x O0

I had to do this recently and found that holding the pig upright with one hand and squirting with the other worked ok - what problem are you having with the syringe?

I have given antibiotics in the past with a syringe and found that wrapping pig in a towel and holding with pigs spine to your stomach the easiest way to get them to take it. :)

this is lois's 3rd week on hers and she hates having her meds! i now have to dangel a treat in front of her as she goes for the treat put the syrigne in quickly! but then she doesnt trust me with the treat and wont take it until shes sniffed it for 5 mins ::)

3 weeks is rather a long time for a course of antibiotics.Which one is she on,and what for>

she had a few days break, first she had it due to her popped abcess which she had the op for, then she had 5 days for after the op, and shes has still got some puss in the abcess which i need to drain everyday and the vet put her back on baytril for another 7 days for it. she goes back to the vets on monday

maryh said:
Antibiotics are to combat infection.

He's just been nurtured and they are to prevent an infection occuring.

Sophie thats sounds good will do that in the morning as my hubby isn't here. I have been getting him to hold him whilst I squirt or visa versa just being gentle as don't wanna hurt the little dude xx

we usually gang up on ours i hold and hubby squirts the syringe. or if one of us is home alone we dip syringe into something they like just to get the scent and squirt the syringe. so far it works. though i do HATE :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: it when your's just about to squirt and piggy decides to trun head! good luck with it and hoping lois gets better soon. sending hugs and cuddles to you and lois :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

He's just been nurtured and they are to prevent an infection occuring. how is your little baby boy going sianieJ? hoping he is feeling better and your babies will soon be together again. sending you and your babies hugs and cuddles too. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks choloe he was at vets on friday for a check up and they were pleased with him he is doing just fine. Just can't wait to have them together again now. Have been letting them have floor time together with me so I can seperate them as I don't want Pippin catching him stitches hopefully the tissue should drop off soon as it has shriveled now x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back