Another water bottle thread! xD

Minnou

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just realised my water bottle is dripping nonstop. 😭

It's new; it came with the cage and has its own holder, not one of those skinny bits of wire.

Doesn't matter what angle it's at or how full it is, it's just dripping. Suppose the ball bearing just sucks.

Can anyone recommend any good water bottles?

I use the crystal classic bottles, have done for decades and never had any issues with them.

Don't know the make of mine but I prefer glass bottles as I have had brand new plastic bottles leak.

Don't know the make of mine but I prefer glass bottles as I have had brand new plastic bottles leak.
I use the crystal classic bottles, have done for decades and never had any issues with them.

So that's 1 vote for Crystal Classic and 1 vote for a glass bottle and it seems I could get both from Pets at Home so I may buy one of each.

I second the Crystal bottles. I have some glass New World bottles, the piggies I used to have loved them, the piggies I have now won't use them. I think it's the angle/length of the spout, it's slightly different.

I second the Crystal bottles. I have some glass New World bottles, the piggies I used to have loved them, the piggies I have now won't use them. I think it's the angle/length of the spout, it's slightly different.
So fussy. Bet mine will refuse to use both on the grounds that they are the wrong colour. :roll:

I have one glass bottle that is very leaky and one that does not leak at all. So it depends on the make. I will try to find the name of the non-leaky one. Of course, my guinea pigs love the leaky one and refuse to use the non-leaky one!

I have one glass bottle that is very leaky and one that does not leak at all. So it depends on the make. I will try to find the name of the non-leaky one. Of course, my guinea pigs love the leaky one and refuse to use the non-leaky one!
XD Do they just roll onto their backs and lay there with their mouths open, catching the dripping water?

I use a "potty" under each of the bottles. George likes to dibble out much more water than he drinks. They both like to sit on them though...Screenshot_2023-11-07-17-19-26-95_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.webp

XD Do they just roll onto their backs and lay there with their mouths open, catching the dripping water?
Perhaps that’s what they’re doing!
I think they like it because it releases the water more easily, I suspect the ball doesn’t fit in the spout properly.

They're both thick as mince but they know it's a different bottle and don't appear to be drinking from it. 😭

They keeping sniffing at it and climbing the side of the cage, making themselves as tall as possible to get a good look and sniff.

Back