• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Another one ill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Harrison is better.
Now my little girl Pandy has a bald patch, but no flaking, no redness, no scratching, behind her ear, where the bald patch normally is, it is bigger on 1 side than the other. none of the cages are next to each other, nor have been next to each other, I have the cages a few feet apart.
I do every thing I clean them out every 2 to 3 days, give them veg twice daily, they come out for floor time, each time I change the pigs on floor time, I change the towel under neath the grids, prevention is better than cure, so they can not be any cross contamination.
I have them all on fleece, they only get Timothy hay.
What am I doing wrong?
Plus Brian has to go to the vets, as he has 3 lumps under his chin, he is 9 weeks old and can not get him in till Saturday morning.

Oh Liz,
you're not having much luck. :(

It probably isn't down to anything you are doing. :)
More likely from where you got them, or just things that crop up.
My kids always seem to get a run of things together, perhaps your piggies are the same.
Good luck. O0
Anne. :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Anne, that made me feel slighty better.
Harrison & Brian came from P@H, Kyle brought them home because he felt sorry for them, as they were crammed in with 19 others in a pen, he only went in for hay.
Pandy came from some where different, she was riddled with lice, I got that sorted and now this, weird patch.
I was taking in a 2 week old girlie piggie this weekend but now feel that may not be such a good idea.

The normal bald patches behind the ears are not always even sizes,I have a few gps with unevenly sized patches.I do not think this is anything to worry about as you said the area is not inflammed,scurvy or itchy.

Thanks Mary that is one weight of my mind, area is not inflammed, scurvy or itchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back