Angry piggy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Misty1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Misty1

When I get my guinea pig Tufty out of his hutch and sit him on my lap or on the chair next to me he tends to vibrate. Thats the only way I can think of describing it. He doesn't make any noise but he does shake, almost vibrating. I can only assume this is him saying that he isn't too pleased with the arrangement. He tends to do this more when he sits on my lap rather than on the chair. Any ideas? :-\

Fry and Laurie did that for a couple of weeks or so at first - it was almost like they were vibrating. They didn't seem particularly uncomfortable, though - so I just continued to handle them.

Now they just chat away. C:

Mine have done that before. Perhaps they're nervous? I'm not really sure why mine did it. Sorry, thats not much help! :D

Peanuts does that now again, not BRRRing, just a 'vibrate', and I think it's cos she is a nervous piggy, always has been

I think it's a sign of nervousness. My two boys did it when I first got them and when I do anything particularly awful to them like their first bath or taking them to the vets.

I agree

Billie used to vibrate whenever we went out of the house. I thought he was apprehensive / nervous

I also agree with nervousness. All mine have done it when I have first got them. The only one who does is now is Trixie and that is only if I take her from the shed to somewhere unfamiliar - like into the house to be weighed or nail clipping etc. Otherwise she is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back