• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

An update on Sammy

• Thread starter Thread starter minky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

minky

Well I'm pleased to report that Sammy is almost back to normal

He has stayed over at the vets this evening only because there was a little puss left and the Vet wanted to do it himself

I found out today that this actual vet was the one who has been on telly on the vet programme on BBC called Roar He is actually operating on a Leopard tomorrow at Dudley Zoo !

I must say that Mr Stewart has been what i can call brilliant nothing has been too much trouble he sat and explained the complete procedure to me this evening of what happens, he told my son who was fascinated about the leopard all about what he would be doing tomorrow

I was worried about leaving him overnight he said he would be in safe hands and would be no charge for what he did :D

Yippee for Sammy :) :) :) :)

So pleased for you and Sammy! GO SAMMY :D :D :D :-*

Really glad Sammy's recovering well at last :)

He's home !!

The vet said i can put him back in with the girls over the weekend so after a good clean out tomorrow they will all have a bath and he can be with the girls !!

I know hes missing them as when i bought one of the girls in he can out and watched me !

nice one sammy, your vet sounds as if he needs to be kept hold of, ( for piggys health purposes I mean I know what you lot are thinking lo) our vets also have the zoo to look after and wildlife park full of birds etc plus the rarebreed farm etc

Sammy's with the girls now !

I decided to try and make inside some sort of area so at the bottom of the stairs but the front door is an open area so i boxed off the door to the living room and put down an old quilt and put them all on their.

The girls never budged and never chased him away in fact he made no attempt to mount at all. Holly (the texel) came up to him and they just snuggled up and went to sleep in fact i went and left them for 5 mins with my daugher sitting on the stairs in charge , they had all cuddled up under the quilt and went to sleep !! Talk about floor time they never moved the lazy beggars !

I decided that one way to get them moving was food out they came munched on the food and you guessed it went back under the quilt !

I had to clean Nigel out as well and thought i would put him in too with strict instructions to my daughter that should he go anywhere near Sammy to remove Nigel straight away !

Well i cleaned out the shed put all the things back in, some 20 mins later came back no troubles at all, However i came and watched them and i could hear the chattering out Nigel came was taking no risks !

So Sammy seems happy and the girls seem to have taken to him fine, Holly seems to be looking after him so lets see how things go !

Thing is none of the girls seem to particularly like Nigel now i wonder why ! Decisions decisions who do i room him with once he's done ! I dunno whether actually to get a younger sow any ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back