Amazon puppy pads

ThatPurpleB

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Anybody else have these?
SmartSelect_20230726_151714_Amazon Shopping.webp

Found some huge ones second hand on vinted for an absolute bargain. A little over £15 for 2 HUGE ones.

They came and I was suspicious about how thin they were. So I've put them through a wash and left them to dry and I've poured a bit of water on them to test. At 1st nothing came through then I went to the toilet and came back to find the backing was wet.... so they're not water proof. Anybody else have these and find the same?

That company looks like one of the myriad of Chinese companies making cheap knock offs of popular products specially for the export via amazon market.
I'm afraid if you pay peanuts, that's what you get. Quality doesn't come cheap.

That company looks like one of the myriad of Chinese companies making cheap knock offs of popular products specially for the export via amazon market.
I'm afraid if you pay peanuts, that's what you get. Quality doesn't come cheap.
Originally off amazon they're not really cheap. I got them cheap as they were second hand off vinted. Just wondered if anyone had the same ones that were fine and maybe I had a bad set or washed them wrong or something...

They are a product that seem hit and miss. We’ve tried quite a few different ones and not been that impressed by any until the ones we use now. They’re from a company on eBay called carebymailltd. Incontinence bed pads without tucks, 75x90. Best ones we’ve bought :)

Anything that I can get in the U.S.? I use Guinea (Pig) Dad liners. Very expensive at 75 dollars a piece. Anything that is still high quality but not that price?

Anything that I can get in the U.S.? I use Guinea (Pig) Dad liners. Very expensive at 75 dollars a piece. Anything that is still high quality but not that price?
I have these Bath mats from IKEA, for only $8.99, it is called TOFTBO. I am also in the US. I bought 8 of the bath mats for my 3 boys, and they wash well and come out looking great.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 8.43.58 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 8.43.58 PM.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 9
Below is the photo of my TOFTBO bath mat from IKEA. TOFTBO is the gray one.

Attachments

• IMG_5446.webp
    IMG_5446.webp
    94.2 KB · Views: 13
I have these Bath mats from IKEA, for only $8.99, it is called TOFTBO. I am also in the US. I bought 8 of the bath mats for my 3 boys, and they wash well and come out looking great.

Now theses are in my budget! I could buy enough to replace and wash them everyday. Do the poops get stuck in the strings at all?

Now theses are in my budget! I could buy enough to replace and wash them everyday. Do the poops get stuck in the strings at all?
I wash them frequently with detergent and vinegar. I shake and remove all the poo and hay before washing them. I should add, I hand wash with detergent then soak them in vinegar before hanging them to dry. I always make sure to catch all the lint, hair, and hay while hand washing them so as not to clog the drainage system.

I use fleece. I tried many different products but fleece works the best for my piggies. During the week I also use single use puppy pads.

Speaking of hand washing, I just hand washed the TOFTBO bath mat along with my boys' fleece bedding and toys, then hung them to dry.

Attachments

• tempImageEg2HzH.webp
    tempImageEg2HzH.webp
    57.3 KB · Views: 10
I just pop mine in a pillow case and it gets washed in the washer machine. I dry it outside. The hair says in, it either all rolls up into balls I can remove or I just go over it with a lint roller and it is completely cleaned.

Back