Am I a bad owner?

Curiouscaviee

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Today my baby boy Ginge, was euthanized today at the age of roughly 4 and a half years he has been ill for nearly 2 years it was when he was primarily going for a toilet, he was having trouble peeing and pooing and squeaking while doing this everytime he was freezing in pain, he was fine in himself with his eating and drinking and all that, but you could tell something was wrong he also had problems like bumblefoot diagnosed, and arthritis which wasn't diagnosed but you could tell by the way he walked, he had a scan for sludge on his bladder was found, nothing else was found, so he had medication after being on medication he was fine but then started getting constipated almost when taking it, after a while of taking it he was fine no noises what soever until a few months later it happened again and we took him to the vets and were given more medication last Thursday, until today he was having loads of blood coming from his bladder so we took him to a different vet, which charged £65 consoltation, I was thinking about euthanising him for a while now because i was thinking he has to be in pain, the vet offered some options and said he would need to run loads of tests which in end would cost me of upwards of 2000 pounds which i had but i was thinking would it all help, so I asked for him to be and now i feel really bad that i have done this and was thinking of maybe i should of paid for more treatment and feel horrible with what i have done.

So sorry for your loss.
Sadly we can’t fix everything and you gave Ginge that last gift of love.
He sounds as if he was very ill.
You gave him lots of love and care.
Be gentle with yourself as you grieve

I’m so sorry you had to help Ginge go over the bridge. Such a hard decision for you to make. But it was made out of love and Ginge is pain free now. Take care while you grieve.

Back