Alternative to Haybox soft cut

Poppiespigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello 👋

I know there is a lot of talk regarding Haybox recently. I’ve been using them last 2 years and the last box I got, in plastic I found very dusty. My piggies haven’t been eating it like usual and I’m considering changing.

I know people have already asked for alternatives but I can’t find an answer to an alternative for their soft cut. It’s the only one my boys will eat.

So my question is….what are the best haybox soft cut alternatives for fussy boys?

I have silky soft hay from Little Hay Co and mine love it. Always good quality.

I switched from haybox soft cut Timothy to happy hay company orchard hay. (I also feed a meadow hay as well).

My lot loved their soft Timothy so I was worried about switching to orchard, but I neednt have been - they live the orchard even more!

I switched from Haybox soft cut to their orchard hay. So far boxes have been nice and green and gone down well with piggies. They now get a mix of Haybox Timothy blend and Orchard.

Mine are now enjoying Little Hay Co second cut timothy, which is incredibly expensive and will have to be a very rare treat if I ever buy it again. Today they tried Natures Own Sweet and Green meadow which I think is now going to be their treat hay with Natures Own ordinary meadow as their main hay.

I also now use haybox orchard hay. I am unimpressed by their Timothy soft cut

I have used the little hay company for soft cut hay and it’s great and they are reliable !

Back