• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Allergy

• Thread starter Thread starter next_croc-hunter?
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

next_croc-hunter?

Hi every time i hold my piggies for more than five minuets i get a runny nose and start sneezeing the allgergie is called Rhinitis and i was wondering if there is anything i can do ? also if i can't do anything what should i do i really love my piggies and want to keep them help!

Thanks for all answers it is much appreaciated. O0

You can buy anti histimine tablets such as piriton etc from any chemist, superdrug, boots and so on. Lots of people take them for hay fever in the summer but they combat other allergies too :)

It must be so upsetting for you, i love cuddling my pigs. I hope piriton work for you. O0

Do you keep your piggies on hay? There's every chance you're allergic to that rather than the piggy. If you try the antihistamine treatment and don't see an improvement then try bathing the piggies (Gorgeous Guineas have fabbo shampoos) and then bedding them on something other than hay (VetBed, Profleece, Carefresh etc). Obviously you'd still need to provide hay for their diets but it would be less than if they're bedded on it. Also you can buy hay cubes which seem to have less effect on people. Good luck! O0 I really hope you don't have to part with your piggies :'(

i dont think it is the hay because nothing ever happens when i clean their cage the other week wiskers ran up my sleeve lol, and i got blotches all up my arm, also i found priton my sister recomended it aswell but my mum dosent like the idea of me takling tablets if you know what i mean, i can see where she is coming from but i love those little guys soo much i9 can hold them for about ten or five miuetes before the allergy takes place d you think this is enough time.

PS. found the coolest treat put an entire bannana that is only peeled at the top so they can drag it about it is really funny lol to watch them drag and tug 'o war it lol!! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back